TERMS & CONDITIONS
Section#1 Includes Contract for Service with Cowboy Taxi Driver App
The “Company” is Cowboy Taxi Ltd.
The “Driver” is a person that has been activated on the Cowboy Taxi App by the “Company” to pickup and dropoff customers or their cars or things threw a “Company” registered app Cowboy Taxi Driver App”
Driver Rules and Responsibilities
- 1.1 The “driver” must always be professional when on duty and/or when driving a vehicle of the “Company” or his/her approved vehicle to offer services, and not act in a way to portray a negative image of the “Company”.
- 1.2 The “driver”, when on duty, must always help passengers with their luggage, car seats, groceries and assistance in and out of the vehicle when needed.
- 1.3 The “driver”, while on duty, must always be signed on the Cowboy Taxi App & make the “Company” Call Taker know that he/she is on duty by signing on when working or signing off when not working
- 1.4 The “driver” must always inform the Call taker when he/she picks up and/or drops off a passenger and record the trip amount by using the Cowboy Taxi App.
- 1.5 The “driver”, before his/her next daily shift, must complete the driver account form available online for all cash, debit, credit and account sales made on the previous shift.
- 1.6 The “driver” is not allowed to perform passenger transportation services for any other companies, unless otherwise authorized by email from the “Company”. Unless authorized by “Company”, all passengers needing a transportation service or any competing companies that call the driver directly should be advised to call the “Company” instead or use the cowboy taxi app.
- 1.7 The “driver” must always be polite to customers and other drivers sharing the road.
- 1.8 The “driver” must always accept credit card, debit card, or account charges when a customer asks to pay in that way. It is the responsibility of the “driver” to make sure that there is a debit machine in working order and available for use and the “Company” should be made aware immediately if the machine is not operating.
- 1.9 The “driver” must fill all company charge accounts with the exact information of the trip on the forms made available by the “Company”. The full name of the passenger is required along with the exact pickup and drop off addresses and amount of trip must be included . No tip can be added on any account charges. All wcb charges are gst exempt.
- 1.10 The “driver” must always tell the “Company” dispatcher about any reservations the passenger wants to book and must never go to a trip unless it has been dispatched to the him/her on the Cowboy Taxi App or its an authorized walk on trip and the driver is authorized by the company to do walk on.
- 1.11 The “driver”, before and after every shift, must inspect the ” Company” vehicle for visual defects including physical damage, burnt lights or any noticed malfunction that the “Company” vehicle may have and report any issues immediately to the “Company”.
- 1.12 The “driver” must always keep the “Company” vehicle or vehicle licensed to be use for service and registered with the app, clean and smelling good.
- 1.13 The “driver” is not allowed to talk on his/her cellphone when a customer is in the “Company” vehicle or vehicle licensed to be use for service, unless it is with the “Company” dispatcher or police in case of an emergency.
- 1.14 The “driver” is not allowed to ask any customer for a tip or make any customer feel bad for not giving a tip or because they paid with a credit/debit card.
- 1.15 The “driver” must give the “Company” business cards, if made available, to every customer that the “driver” picks up from hotels, malls, bars and to all new customers. No other phone numbers or business cards should be given to customers other than the “Company” cards/phone number. Unless authorized by email from the “Company”.
- 1.16 The “driver” is responsible to check on updates of any new “Company” policies and abide by them.
- 1.17 The “driver” is responsible to pay all subscription fees, trip fees, fines and penalties associated to his/her account on the Cowboy Taxi App.
- 1.18 The “driver” who drives and insures his/her vehicle or uses the Company vehicle must pay the “Company” the agreed % of trips and/or a monthly subscription mentioned on the Cowboy Taxi driver app and Carry the proper Insurance as prescribed in the Jurisdiction the Vehicle is Being Operated In.
- 1.19 The “driver” who leases a “Company” vehicle must pay the “Company” 30% of total Fares done by that vehicle and a monthly Subscription Fee of $300 unless otherwise agreed by email or subscription. That driver will be fully responsible for the vehicle’s repairs, the vehicle maintenance, fuel, inspections and licenses of vehicle and damage occurred to the vehicle when at fault in an accident. A $5000 Penalty for Accidents made on the “Company” vehicle when the other insurance does not cover it and non refundable until the dispute between insurance companies is resolved and the other party pays for the repairs of the vehicle. In the case where the Other party’s’ insurer takes responsibility and pays for the repairs/replacement of the vehicle, the “Company” will take responsibility to replace the vehicle with a vehicle of the same year, make and model and with a mileage not more/less than 10% of the mileage of the “Company” vehicle involved in the accident on the date of the accident. In the case where the other party’s insurer does not take responsibility, the driver is liable to be all the damages occurred resulting from the accident.
- 1.20 A “driver” who is “part responsible” that drives a “Company” vehicle must pay the “owner-operator” of the vehicle 40% of Total Fares (30% going to the company and 10% to Owner Operator of vehicle). A driver that is “part responsible” is responsible to pay only the following: Vehicle Lease to Owner Operator or the “company”, 30% fees to “Company” and 10% to the “owner operator” of the vehicle, fuel used and damage occurred to the vehicle or $5000 Penalty when at fault in an accident on a Company Vehicle and the other company’s insurer has not taken responsibility for paying the damages of the accident.
- 1.21 The “driver” is responsible to pay the government all GST collected on his/her share of fares, and collect from the government all he/she payed in GST that can be deducted.
- 1.22 The “driver” is aware that he/she does not have and employer employee relationship with the “Company”, and that the “driver” is on a contract for service with the “Company” which can end at anytime by any party. Upon termination of service, the fully responsible “driver” that is charged by the “Company” a monthly vehicle lease will be offered to buy the vehicle he/she has been responsible for, back for $1.00 if he/she previously owned it or put a non refundable deposit on it, or an agreed amount by both parties after the “driver” pays the “company” all fees owed, gives back the “company” meter and dispatch system in working condition, remove “Company” decals , give “company” back its vehicle insurance papers, registration and plate if owned by the “company”, and the “driver” does not have any outstanding amount owing in fines, penalties or any insurance claim that has not yet been settled by the other insurer.
- 1.23 The “Driver” shall inform the “Company” immediately of anything found in the “Company” vehicle and all items shall be returned to the customer, given to the “company” until the customer is found or hand items found to the police and report to the “company” of all actions taken.
- 1.24 The “driver” must alway respect the estimated time of arrival that he/she bid to get a trip, and must always be on time to assigned trips and not cancel unless the call taker is notified, and shall not go to a trip that is not assigned or won by bid on the Cowboy taxi Driver App
- 1.25 The “driver” must always abide by and is responsible for following Municipal, Provincial and Federal laws and all “Company” policies or else he/she will be subject to fines and/or legal action.
- 1.26 The “driver” should send an email to the “company” email: firstname.lastname@example.org if he/she needs any matter dealt with, including termination of service, “Company” policy inquiries, lost and found, customer complaints and any business practices that the “driver” needs more clarification on.
Using The Cowboy Taxi Driver App
- 2.1 The “Driver” Must Start Shift to receive Bids or Trips. When NEW JOBS are sent out as a Bid, the driver must put his/her estimate time of arrival and Bid on the trip if he/she wants a chance at it.
- 2.2 When NEW JOBS are Sent Assigned to the driver, the driver must Accept the trip. If the driver cannot accept a trip he/she should notify the Call Taker right away.
- 2.3 When New Scheduled Jobs are sent out as a Bid, the driver must put Bid on the trip if he/she wants it.
- 2.4 When NEW SCHEDULED JOBS are Sent Assigned to the driver, the driver must Accept the trip. If the driver cannot accept an assigned trip he/she should notify the Call Taker right away.
- 2.5 When ASSIGNED JOBS are sent out, the driver is confirmed for that trip. If the driver cannot make that trip he/she should notify the Call Taker no later than 5 minutes after the trip was assigned. The Driver should open Assigned Jobs and press GO only 15 minutes or 30 minutes before the pickup time of the Assigned Job, depending on how far the driver is from the pickup address. Any assigned jobs that the driver does not do or cancels without informing the Call taker will be subject to a penalty/fine
- 2.6 The “Driver” must press the appropriate buttons on time on the app when he/she receives trips, starts trips, arrives to trips, picks up clients, drops off clients, collecting money and rating customer at end of trip.
- 2.7 The “Driver” must maintain a positive credit on the driver app in order to receive trips. The Driver can Top Up his/her account with a credit card on the app or by interac email transfer to the Company email email@example.com . Use cowboy as the security answer. Cash trips and Credit/Debit cards that are collected by the driver’s bank account will be owed to the company and credit/debit cards with the passenger app or driver app will be topped up by a company administrator when the online form provided is filled and verified by the “company”. Company Top Ups are done Once Verified.
- 2.8 Cash out your credit. You can request to cash out your credit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Each time you cash out there is a Cashout Fee of $20. You are limited to 1 cash out per 7 business days. Cashouts Done on the monthly subscription date of the “driver” will not be subject to a Cashout Fee.
“Driver” Service Types
- 3.1 The driver that is activated as an Economy Vehicle can only do regular trips, designated driver trips, delivery, Flat Rate trips and Avacab. Rates will be determined according to what service type is demanded. Current Rates for Regular is $4.45 To Start and $1.20/km and $0.20/Minute. Minimum $5.45. Prices Subject To Change on App and displayed on the app before the trip is accepted.
- 3.2 The driver that is activated as a Luxury Vehicle can only do Luxury Trips, Regular trips, Minivan Trips if 6 passenger, designated driver trips and delivery. Rates will be determined according to what service type is demanded. Rate for Luxury is $5 To Start and $2/km and $0.32/Minute. Minimum $8.15.
- 3.3 The driver that is activated as a Minivan Vehicle can only do Minivan Trips, Regular trips, Designated driver trips, flat rate, Avacab and delivery. Rates will be determined according to what service type is demanded. Rate for Minivan is $6.15 To Start and $1.70/km and $0.26/Minute. Minimum $7.65
- 3.4 The driver that is activated as a Designated Driver Vehicle can only do designated driver trips and delivery. Rates will be determined according to what service type is demanded. Rate for a designated driver is $2 To Start and $3/km and $0.67/Minute wait time when not moving. Minimum $30
- 3.5 The driver that is activated as a Delivery Driver Vehicle can only do delivery and designated driver trips. Rates will be determined according to what service type is demanded. Rate for delivery is $3 To Start and $2/km and $0.67/Minute wait time when not moving. Minimum $10
- 3.6 The driver that is activated as Paratransit can only do Paratransit trips, Economy trips, delivery, Avacab and designated driver trips. Rates will be determined according to what service type is demanded. Rate for Paratransit is $3 To Start and $2/km and $0.25/Minute wait time. Minimum $20.
- 3.7 Flat Rate trips may vary according to each zone. Please refer to App for the most current rates
- 4.1 Discounts giving by using the app will be applied if the passengers chooses to use one. The “driver” must always accept the discount and charge the customer the rate after the discount. Discounts are shared equally between the driver and the company. Example: If a fare is $10 with a 50% discount, the customer pays $5. The driver pays the company his/her % of fee from $5.
- 4.2 Discounts done over the phone will be set as a flat rate. No discounts should be given unless done by call taker or in app.
- 5.1 Minimum of $100 and a Maximum of $1000 Fine and One Week Suspension To any Driver that Accepts a Trip and Cancels it without the approval of the company.
- 5.2 Minimum of $100 Fine and a Maximum of $50000 Fine and One to Four Week Suspension to any “driver” that accepts trips not on the Cowboy Taxi App from clients that have used the Cowboy Taxi Passenger App before.
- 5.3 Minimum of $100 Fine and a Maximum of $50000 Fine and One to Four Week Suspension to any “driver” that is driving a “company” and is doing a trip without being signed on the Cowboy Taxi Driver App and/or the trip is not started on the App and calculating the amount of the fare to be charged to the customer.
- 5.4 $100 Fine and One Week Suspension for Any Complaint done on the “driver” and justified by the company manager as a legitimate complaint.
- 5.5 Minimum of $100 Fine and a Maximum of $50000 Fine and One to Four Week Suspension to any “driver” that is driving a “company” vehicle and giving out a phone number to customers other than the “company’s” phone number(s).
- 5.6 Minimum of $100 Fine and a Maximum of $50000 Fine and One to Four Week Suspension to any “driver” that is driving a “company” vehicle and working and accepting trips from another company without our “company’s” consent.
- 5.7 Minimum of $100 Fine and a Maximum of $50000 Fine and One to Four Week Suspension to any “driver” that is driving a “company” vehicle and working and accepting trips from another company without our “company’s” consent and without the trip being started on the Cowboy Taxi Driver App.
- 5.8 Minimum of $100 Fine and a Maximum of $100000 Fine and Court Injunction to any “driver” partner or Business partner using the business contacts acquired by working with the “company” against the “company”. This includes “driver” information, contracts, accounts, call takers, developers and any other business practices and contractors used by the “company”.
- 6.1 All drivers will be charged an extra Airport Fee other than the trip fee.
- 6.2 All drivers will be fined for not picking up or dropping off at the designated pickup and drop off areas in the Airports.
TNC Drivers Insurance and Policies
- 7.1 All Transportation Network Drivers are aware that their personal insurance coverage on their vehicle does not allow them to transport passengers. Every vehicle being used must have a commercial insurance to transport passengers according to the laws in the jurisdiction in which the driver is operating.
- 7.2 All Transportation Network Drivers must carry a Class 1, 2 or 4 Alberta Drivers License in order to operate a TNC vehicle.
- 7.3 All Transportation Network Drivers must pass a yearly criminal record and vulnerable sector check and advise the Company of any pending charges immediately.
- 7.4 All Transportation Network Drivers must contact the company immediately and no latter than 24 hours after any accident on a vehicle registered to offer services under the Company.
- 7.5 All Transportation Network Drivers must upload their documents to the Cowboy Taxi Driver App, proving they have a Class 1, 2 or 4 Driver License, A recent criminal record and vulnerable sector check, commercial insurance to transport passengers and a commercial plate for the vehicle being operated.
- 7.6 All Transportation Network Drivers are not allowed to solicit, accept or transport passengers other than through the Cowboy Taxi Driver App.
- 7.7 All Transportation Network Drivers accept that the company will maintain their documents/records for a minimum of 5 years for current drivers and 2 years for former drivers. ( i.e. Valid/subsisting Class 1, 2 or 4 operator’s license, police information checks, insurance requirements, etc.)
- 7.8 All Transportation Network Drivers acknowledge that the company will be required to produce their documents to a peace officer upon 24 hours of his/her demand, and must comply with all investigations and produce any necessary documentation required by the company for the purpose of the investigation.
SECTION #2 DEALS WITH THE COWBOY TAXI PASSENGER APP
All passengers must pay the fare according to the rates specified on the Cowboy Taxi Passenger App.
All users that download and use the Cowboy Taxi Driver App or the Cowboy Taxi Passenger App agrees to the Terms & Conditions outlined on this document and posted online at www.CowboyTaxi.com.
We do not refund any payments for rides that have been completed.
Any booking that is cancelled at the door might be subject to a Cancellation Fee.
Passengers that book our Keys Designated Driver Service must carry their own insurance to cover everyone in their vehicle. Your vehicle must be insured and registered an safe to be driven.
Passengers that book our Delivery Service must make sure that the item being delivered is paid for and that they are fully responsible for the contents of the items being delivered. Any suspicious or illegal deliveries will not be tolerated.
All customers that setup an approved account are liable to pay their account within 30 days of the date specified on the invoice.
Cowboy Taxi Ltd. uses the Cowboy Taxi Driver App help drivers find passengers and dispatch services to drivers in Airdrie, Transportation Network Company in Calgary and Regional Private Transportation Provider in Edmonton. Both passengers and drivers are responsible to pay all fees associated with using our services and agree to follow any changes made on the Terms & Conditions section of www.CowboyTaxi.com.
Cowboy Taxi Ltd. will use these Terms & Conditions as an agreement to be used in the Alberta Courts against any Passenger or Driver that does not follow every Section of the Terms & Conditions outlined in this document and posted on www.CowboyTaxi.com.
All users that download and use the Cowboy Taxi Driver App or the Cowboy Taxi Passenger App agree to have the “company” to use any or all information required by the company to conduct its day to day operations. This may include and not limited to all features accepted when downloading the app and the user’s location, cache, data, contact information and any other information required.
All users that download and use the Cowboy Taxi Driver App or the Cowboy Taxi Passenger App agree to have the “company” to use the email provided by the user when downloading the app, for any app information releases, features, promotions, marketing and any other email information the company might send from time to time. The user can opt out by emailing back to Unsubscribe from Emails from the “Company”.
SECTION #3 DRIVER DISPATCHER PROGRAM
Driver Dispatcher Program
Who Is Eligible
This program is available to Cowboy Taxi Ltd. drivers that have demonstrated good work ethic and care about the company image and
Drivers must complete a minimum of 50 trips a month.
How To Sign Up
Drivers wanting to sign up for this program can make a request to by text to 587-777-5353 or by email to email@example.com with their Gmail account.
Program Terms & Conditions
This program does not give permission to drivers to give out their personal/business phone number to potential or existing customers. The only numbers to be advertised are Cowboy Taxi Ltd. phone numbers.
Upon registration to the program, Cowboy Taxi Ltd. will set up extension numbers for customers to dial through the company phone system to connect customers to drivers if required. Customers must dial the driver’s board number after the company phone number.
This program enables drivers to dispatch trips out either to themselves or to other drivers on the Cowboy Taxi Platform.
Trips must include a phone number of the passenger, a pickup address, a drop off address.
Default rates to be used is Avacab, unless in Okotoks then Flat Rates should be used.
Driver Dispatchers are not allowed to dispatch trips that pickups originate in Calgary.
Driver Dispatchers are not allowed to dispatch trips made on account.
Driver Dispatchers will receive a monthly TOP UP of 2.5% of the total rate charged for the first 500 paid trips they dispatch according to the rules of the program. (Trips must include valid passenger phone numbers, pick up and drop location and not be an account trip).
Driver Dispatchers will receive a monthly TOP UP of 5% of the total rate charged once they have more than 500 paid trips they dispatch according to the rules of the program. (Trips must include valid passenger phone numbers, pick up and drop location and not be an account trip)
How To Dispatch
Input a Valid Phone Number.
Input a Valid Pick Up Address.
Input a Valid Drop off Address.
Assign Driver according to Name or leave driver section blank to send it out for bid
Modify Date & Time for Scheduled Pickups or leave untouched to send trip out ASAP.
Modify Service Type to Flat Rate for trips in Okotoks or leave untouched if else where.
Press Add Button to Assign trip or send it out to Bid.
Monitor the trip to make sure a driver is assigned, started, and finished trip.
Press edit and Cancel if trip needs to be canceled.
Copyright Cowboy Taxi Ltd.. All rights reserved.